[ale] OT: Cell Phone recs Was Re: Android secondary security

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Mar 9 15:51:10 EST 2017

Nice, but ouch! Almost $200 higher than the g4. Might be a bit much for a
first smartphone. Technically my second, but being grandfathered in an old
Cingular plan with no data I never used it as one. Going to get a new number
and pass my old phone to my wife's parents. Only a hundred bucks a year if
not used much and they need an emergency phone.

Found the LG g4 at Newegg for $234 which is only slightly higher than
fleabay. It works with AT&T so unlocked should work with Cricket. Has an
Otterbox available which will be a necessity for me. On my fifth phone in 12
years... Fortunately only one was more than $20. Wife got 10 years on her
first cell and only upgraded because they turned off 2G service last year.

Have not ordered it yet, may pull the trigger tonight unless someone has a
better suggestion.

William