[ale] somewhat OT - are Android Smartwatch Bluetooth notifiers safe?

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Wed Mar 8 11:36:45 EST 2017

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_174048.html?wid=21 is a link to
the watch I bought.  It is $10.99 with free shipping to the US.  ( I had
some bonus points left from buying a SJCAM.  That's why it was just $3
for me.

This is just a curiosity for me.    My understanding is that for $3/mo I
can have some very limited amount of voice phone time from TMobile.
Like for the dozens of times I'm out somewhere and my normal android
phone is dead again.   If I never run their software to send emails from
android phone to the watch it's still ok.

Without knowing how old your son is, be aware that there are similar
phone/watches more oriented to children: they include GPS location, and
a panic button to dial a set number and ....   I've not researched them;
I just ran across some on Amazon.