[ale] Fetchmail IMAP backup

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Jan 3 10:49:21 EST 2017

Have the IMAP server do all this processing.  If it cannot, you need a better
server, IMHO.

I've only used fetchmail from cron and only with pop3 services.

These days, we use Zimbra to handle all this sort of stuff. Generally use
virtual folders created based on FROM, TO, and/or keywords.  Zimbra can access
external email systems and do the same things.  Very powerful searching is the
best part that zimbra retained after yahoo sold them off.