[ale] HR block on wine (make WINE behave like Windows 7)

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Jan 1 10:38:08 EST 2017

On 01/01/2017 09:50 AM, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
> Happy 2017 folks.  Stay safe, Eat healthy, Stay healthy.
>
> I was wondering if I can install and run HR block 2016 on WINE.
> Will it get stuck on determining if it is Windows XP or not ?
>
> Should I set up something before running WINE ?

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6532
Looks like 2013 is the latest version with detailed install
instructions. There are specific winetricks required. That report said
updates to the program were troublesome, PDF printer and all help links
didn't work.

I stopped bothering with WINE when Quicken started working under WINE
with only 60% of the features. Been using a Windows VM for Quicken and
Tax prep stuff the last 3+ yrs.

That isn't to say you couldn't find some magic to make Taxcut work.