[ale] Server Set-up ?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 16:56:16 EST 2017

My LPIC1 was a very long time ago. It included how to make run and
disable X from boot up on a Linux system.
JD is correct in many respects: the fewer user-friendly tools you need
to "make the damn thing run", the better you are. Not "the better off
you are". It's a skills things.
grep, sed, awk, vi (not emacs, not vim) are admin tools to master. Plan
on black screen, white letters and the networking is broken and you
have to make NFS server run.
tmux and screen are not installed by default on any rhel system so
don't count on them being there. That said, one of them should be
installed so admin work is not broken by network issue unrelated to
admin work.
Basic bash scripting is a life saver: how to script a firewall reset to
original settings if you don't stop the process first. Yeah. really
good script to be able to pound out!

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain