[ale] Developer learning track question

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Feb 14 08:12:17 EST 2017

On 02/14/2017 07:51 AM, leam hall wrote:
> My glue language is Ruby but parts of the tool would likely be in MongoDB,
> Neo4J, PHP, and maybe even Go. Already using Ruby and SQLite, adding RubyTk.

My first question would be if you need that many different languages, perhaps
you don't have the correct hammer/screwdriver picked?  A few of the things
listed above are extremely similar and effort to reduce those dependencies would
be useful.

Don't be like Redhat with 50 different languages in almost everything GUI they
do.  KISS.

For the other question - just in time learning will keep the project moving and
not get you side-tracked.  We all get side-tracked.  I can look about the house
and see 10 started, but not finished "projects."  For things I deem really
important, I don't get side-tracked until they are finished.