[ale] OT: drupal

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Feb 13 13:45:30 EST 2017

On 02/13/2017 12:17 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> Is this BS?
>
> "Over 95% of the people do not know Drupal but I found a couple who a
> pretty well versed."
>
> If it is true then what is the CMS that those other 95% prefer?

"People" is a much larger group than web developers and CMS managers.
99% of people have never heard of Drupal and 95% have never heard of
wordpress.  These statements don't need to add up to 100%.

"CMS" is extremely vague.  I consider Alfresco to be a CMS, but some
people would consider Samba as a CMS.

Whitehouse.gov ran on Drupal as a front-end and Alfresco on the
back-end. Does that matter?

Why does it matter?

Do what works for you and be prepared for the negative repercussions
from any solution deployed. Every solution has negative aspects.

Saw an article 2 days ago that 1.5 million WP sites had been hacked due
to a newly discovered
problem.http://www.csoonline.com/article/3168717/security/recent-wordpress-vulnerability-used-to-deface-1-5-million-pages.html
 I've seen similar articles for Joomla (joomla hacked) and Drupal
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29846539 over the years, just with
lower numbers (smaller market shares).