[ale] Need a better DHCP server than ISC's

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Mon Feb 13 11:38:30 EST 2017

I did acknowledge the SQL limitation.  It's been poked at on their
mailing list in the past with a couple patches offered but nothing
substantial.

For custom option, in the config file:

dhcp-option=<option_number>,<option_value>

Where option_number is the decimal 1-254 or "option:option_name" for the
option you need and option_value is either a number, an IPV4
address(es), an IPV6 address(es) (in square brackets), colon separated
hex, or a string contained in double quotation marks.

It also supports encapsulation and vendor classes.