[ale] Spam: Snow(OT) [heat without electricity]

Bob Toxen transam at VerySecureLinux.com
Thu Feb 2 00:31:28 EST 2017

Most gas water heaters do not require electricity.

While gas or oil house heaters require electricity, most require only
about 10-15 amps.  If you have a generator, you can (throw the master
breaker), flip the heater switch off, and wire it instead temporarily
to your generator.  (That's only for those with electrical wiring
experience.)

The generator, operated outside of course, alternatively could power one
or two space heaters.  My 2000W Yamaha cost me $1100 about 8 years ago
and still works.

Don't use fuel-burning heaters inside unless rated for it.