[ale] Printing plant (was Re: printing fun)

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Dec 15 11:55:26 EST 2017

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 10:50:40AM -0500, Jeff Hubbs via Ale wrote:
> Have any of you ever worked anyplace where network printing was all properly
> queue-backed and shut away from regular net traffic?

Several, actually.  Including the current place.

(Though at the current place sufficiently clued users can directly talk
 to the printers, which I do because I don't like sending my jobs
 halfway around the world.  And the queues are on Windows Servers which
 means as a Linux user I have to jump through extra hoops to use them
 that way -- especially when zeroconf JustWorks(tm) and yields a
 superior experience...)

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Coconut Creek, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^