[ale] printing fun

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Dec 15 06:05:39 EST 2017

On 12/14/2017 05:52 PM, Kyle Brieden via Ale wrote:
> I've found, lately, that network printers aren't worth the trouble to "set up"
> on my machine.  Just navigate a web browser to port 80 on the printer's IP and
> load up the web UI.  With most modern printers, there'll be a "submit document
> to print" button or form.  Upload your PDF there and the printer will make it
> into a real boy... er, document pretty promptly.

Load up Ubuntu into a VM and test. Bet it will "just work."
I print about 50 pgs a year, most of those are tax forms.

The only real issue I have with the printer is that it needs to be turned on to
print. Have you checked that?  ;)

Another option is to print to PDF from any client, then use lp or lpr directly
to print the PDF. That **always** works here.  Mainly use that with airline
boarding passes when I'm in a hurry.