[ale] Net Neutrality Protest Dec 7

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Wed Dec 13 07:21:32 EST 2017

Sorry Charles,

I did not see your request to stop by until just now.

I will be at Atlanta Tech Village this Friday so anyone wants to stop by
for the group lunch (few hundred people) send me an email (to make sure I
see it).

You have to pay for parking ($2/hour) but I will cover lunch ($10).

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Charles Shapiro via Ale <ale at ale.org>
wrote:

> AAaand we got Coverage!
>
> https://www.wabe.org/atlantans-protest-pending-repeal-net-neutrality/
>

> -- CHS
>

> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Charles Shapiro <hooterpincher at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I counted about 50 people at last night's protest, about a half-mile
>> South of the Buckhead MARTA station on Peachtree Road.  We stood on both
>> sides of the street and on the median chanting and holding signs. Someone
>> had a box of pre-printed signs to carry, and I saw a pre-printed banner as
>> well. A bunch of people brought their own. My favorite pre-printed sign
>> read "Please upgrade your plan to read this sign".  I came away with one
>> that read "Killing Net Neutrality Harms Small Business".  I liked the
>> home-made sign that read "Let Freedom Ping".  We got a lot of  honks and
>> thumbs up from motorists.  Traffic on Peachtree Road at that hour is pretty
>> horrific, so folks had plenty of time to see us or ignore us.
>>
>> WABE sent a reporter out to cover the protest.  The treacherous GPB, of
>> course, couldn't be bothered.  I saw lots of cameras, but I haven't been
>> able to find any pictures on the web yet.  There's a good deal of national
>> coverage ( http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12/07/net-neutrality-protest
>> s-planned-thursday-at-verizon-stores-nationwide/), (
>> https://www.cnet.com/pictures/net-neutrality-supporters-prot
>> est-outside-verizon-in-nyc/ ).  Some intrepid folks even showed up at
>> the Verizon store in Fairbanks, AK.   It was fun.
>>
>> -- CHS
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Charles Shapiro <hooterpincher at gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hey this sounds awesome.  I can show up around 16:30.  Can I invite
>>> folks from Freeside Atlanta and Decatur Makers as well?
>>>
>>> -- CHS

Michael Potter
  Tapp Solutions, LLC
   www.tappsolutions.com