[ale] CrashPlan Home, cancelled

Kyle Brieden kyle at txmoose.com
Thu Aug 24 13:34:06 EDT 2017

BackBlaze is not being subtle about their willingness to take on all the
people flocking away from CrashPlan, but that doesn't help us.  I think
BackBlaze doesn't have a native client for Linux, though.  That being
said, some people were suggesting standing up a Windows VM/Host to
collect backups from all your devices and then push up to BackBlaze.
That comes with some extra overhead on your own part for restores, but
it does have the added benefit of backing up your whole network while
only having to pay backblaze for a single machine.

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/crashplan-alternative-backup-solution/

---
Very respectfully,
Kyle Brieden