[ale] Hauppauge 955Q

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Aug 2 14:34:12 EDT 2017

On 08/02/2017 01:49 PM, Alex Carver wrote:
> Ok, so those of you with the 955Q, how did you get it working?  I've got
> the firmware, all the modules appear to be loaded, and the detection at
> plugin begins but it never finishes to create a /dev/videoN device.
>
> I've spent the last several hours looking around online for any
> suggestions and they all seem to say the same thing, just make sure the
> modules are loaded, the firmware is around, and it's ready to go.
>
> I tested it in a Windows machine to make sure the hardware is fine, no
> problems there.

I have a 950Q - similar.  Any V4L2 program should be able to access the
different inputs.  For TV, I use MeTV.  For the svideo input, ffmpeg or
obs or mencoder or .... almost any V4L program can work.  Even "cheese",
perhaps, but I've never tried it.

The devices to read from are  /dev/video0,  /dev/video1,  /dev/video2 ...