[ale] [OT] Deep in the woods communications to home?

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 12:35:55 EDT 2017

I have a ham license but never used it. My wife may not want to spend the
time to get one. The goal is emergency comms like "help, broken leg" sort
of stuff. Terrain is most of the US eastern seaboard into W Va and across
to Texas. She does photography as she travels. The ideal would be to
communicate with me but the reality may just be emergency services.