[ale] Brother printer woes

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 17:48:14 EDT 2017

You list 2 different networks - 192.168.30 and 192.168.50. Is the
netmask all around set for a wide range to include both of those?
Can the cups server on 192.168.50.2 print to it? I use nmap extensively
when setting up a new printer since I get stupid fingers on config
files.
When you launch a test page it's a cups test page from where?
On Tue, 2017-08-01 at 16:48 -0400, Jim Lynch wrote:
> There is a Brother MFC-L2700DW all in one printer wirelessly
> connected
> to a network as 192.168.30.118.  I'm sure of the ip address because
> can connect to it via http and look at the status.  I also see the
> mac
> address on the lcd panel and it corresponds to the mac address in
> pfsense which links to .118. The cups server on 192.168.50.2 sees
> the
> printer fine and I was able to configure it without difficulty.  I
> can
> telnet to port 9100 on .118 and was able to connect the cups server
> with
> either server://192.168.30.118:9100 or server://192.168.30.118.
> Everything looks great and when I print a test page, it shows me the
> job
> in the print queue and then show it finished in the jobs
> completed.  The
> only problem is that it must be  using invisible paper.  I attempted
> use the print self test page and it claimed it was successful, but
> again, no paper.
>
> I don't know what to try next.  I did browse the printer and look at
> the
> settings and all looks fine.
>
> Anything else I might do?
>
> Thanks,