[ale] Ubuntu 17.04 Flavors ...

Edward O. Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Tue Apr 25 08:18:59 EDT 2017

Just to close the loop on this, I applied an update "Ubuntu Base" that came
out in the last few days, and my machines no longer freeze up randomly.

ed

*Edward O. Holcroft*
IT Operations Manager

*Madsen, Kneppers & Associates, Inc.*
Construction Consultants & Engineers
11695 Johns Creek Parkway, Suite 250
Johns Creek, GA 30097

*O*  770.446.9606  |  *F*  770.446.9612  |  *C*  770.630.0949  |
eholcroft at mkainc.com

www.mkainc.com

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 7:01 PM, Edward O. Holcroft <eholcroft at mkainc.com>
wrote:

> I spoke too soon. Now I can get all my 17.04 boxes to freeze randomly in
> Unity ... my home box just froze on me after running for 24 hours:
>
> I see this in syslog:
>
> unity-panel-ser[3469]: menus_destroyed: assertion 'IS_WINDOW_MENU(wm)'
> failed
>
> Which could be related to what is described in this bug:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-appmenu/+bug/1505171
>
> Regression?
>
> Wouldn't be the first time. I don't expect too much effort going into
> resolving Unity bugs, if indeed that's what this is.
>
> Ho-hum ....
>
> ed

> *Edward O. Holcroft*
> IT Operations Manager
>
> *Madsen, Kneppers & Associates, Inc.*
> Construction Consultants & Engineers
> 11695 Johns Creek Parkway, Suite 250
> Johns Creek, GA 30097
>
> *O*  770.446.9606 <(770)%20446-9606>  |  *F*  770.446.9612
> <(770)%20446-9612>  |  *C*  770.630.0949 <(770)%20630-0949>  |
> eholcroft at mkainc.com
>
> www.mkainc.com
>
> On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Raj Wurttemberg <rajaw at c64.us> wrote:
>
>> I'm sticking with the 16.04 LTS version for a while.
>>
>> /Raj

MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it
- you should not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose its content to
any other person. Internet communications are not secure. You should scan
this message and any attachments for viruses. Any unauthorized use or
interception of this e-mail is illegal.