[ale] default grub entry

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 18:26:42 EDT 2017

On 04/24/17 18:18, Alex Carver wrote:
> How does one pick a particular configuration as the default entry in grub?
>
> I've got a problem on one laptop where the initramfs using systemd shuts
> the laptop down as soon as it starts.  There's a second image that uses
> sysvinit which works fine.  I want to have grub find that one and make
> it default any time it updates (e.g. when Debian reruns its grub updater
> during package upgrades).
>
> There's a few kernels listed in a submenu of the grub menu while the
> first item in the menu to boot is the systemd version that needs changing.

"default=0", or whatever stanza you want, counting from the top and
starting at 0.

default=0
timeout=15
splashimage=(hd0,2)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title CentOS New (2.6.32-696.1.1.el6.x86_64)
	root (hd0,2)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.32-696.1.1.el6.x86_64 ro root=/dev/sda2
	initrd /initramfs-2.6.32-696.1.1.el6.x86_64.img