[ale] default grub entry

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Mon Apr 24 18:18:25 EDT 2017

How does one pick a particular configuration as the default entry in grub?

I've got a problem on one laptop where the initramfs using systemd shuts
the laptop down as soon as it starts.  There's a second image that uses
sysvinit which works fine.  I want to have grub find that one and make
it default any time it updates (e.g. when Debian reruns its grub updater
during package upgrades).

There's a few kernels listed in a submenu of the grub menu while the
first item in the menu to boot is the systemd version that needs changing.