[ale] Realigning a partition with data

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sun Apr 23 14:56:29 EDT 2017

True, I just wondered if there was a way given that parted/resize2fs
both worked pretty well with data on a partition (I ddrescue'd the old
drive to the SSD then grew the partition).

However, after running a couple I/O tests on the drive I'm not going to
bother with the realignment.  I'm getting read speeds of about 160
MB/sec and write speeds of 116 MB/sec.  Given the age of the machine
that's pretty good (AMD K6 with a PCI SATA card and SATA SSD to replace
the on-board IDE and old Maxtor drives)