[ale] Is there a limit on password length or characters for OUTBOUND sftp when receding a "password" prompt?

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Fri Apr 21 08:48:21 EDT 2017

I wouldn't think pam on the local host would be involved since we're doing the login on the remote host.

The remote host doesn't seem to be where the limitation is as I can login there from a local RHEL7 - just not from local RHEL6 or RHEL5 which is why I'm thinking it is a limitation built into the local sftp command on RHEL6/RHEL5 but not RHEL7.