[ale] Make Gnome Shell look like Unity

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Apr 10 11:53:33 EDT 2017

On 04/10/2017 11:19 AM, Lightner, Jeffrey wrote:
> Funny premise.  I recall not so long ago when all the Ubuntu fan boys
> were blasting Unity as an abomination and others were saying it was
> thievery because they Canonical was redirecting donations that should
> have gone to Gnome to their own coffers.
>
> I guess the wheel has turned.

I never liked Unity. Tried it when it was a demonstration with 11.04 and
again with 12.04 where it was the default. It wasn't for me, so avoided
it ever since.

Regardless, many people loaded the default "Ubuntu" and got Unity. They
grew to like it.  In matters of taste, I like having options and don't
mind when others pick different answers.  Choice is good.

I'll happily keep using my straight openbox setup. DEs aren't for me,
but it appears that others like them (or don't know any better).

If we didn't want any choice, suppose we'd all run some proprietary OS
instead. Right?

>From all the recent news coming from Canonical/Shuttleworth the last few
days, seems that the company will actually try to become profitable.
That's a good thing, IMHO.