[ale] Why Run your own email server?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 12:04:56 EDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-09-30 at 10:34 -0400, DJ-Pfulio wrote:

> > OTOH, corporate email isn't private. It is the property of the
company
> > and the contents should reflect that. What does it matter of the
admin
> > reads it? In theory, she/he is part of the team (unless it was
outsourced).

I once got a panicked phone call from a rather drunk office assistant
who worked at one of my clients. Her boyfriend canceled a date at the
last minute so she went out with the girls and got smashed. She took an
_extremely_ personal selfie to show the BF what he was missing and
fubar'ed badly the addressbook and sent the pic to her boss at work. So
at 2 am I was a gentleman and silently deleted the email from the boss'
queue and never looked. Poor woman turned 9 shades of crimson the next
morning, with some serious green tinges, as I walked into her work on a
scheduled appointment. I told her I never looked and only removed it.
That could have ruined her career.
--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.