[ale] Why Run your own email server?

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Fri Sep 30 09:09:48 EDT 2016

I know this isn't really the point of the email, but the dd command
truncates a file before writing by default, and in that case, the old data
can get added to the file system's free blocks without getting changed.  If
the intention is to overwrite file contents, check out the "notrunc"
feature of dd or use shred.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>