[ale] Tmux, where have you been alll my life?

Dylan Northrup ale at doc-x.net
Thu Sep 22 19:19:42 EDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 7:01 PM, Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>
wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> I'm curious about your setup I'll check your .dotfiles.
>>

> If you (or anyone else) has any questions about this, I'm happy to answer
> them if I can.   And let me know if anything I've said here needs more
> clarification.
>
> --
>

> I'm playing with you tmux config and do have a question about using vim in
> a window.  Sometimes I'm not sure if I did change from edit to command
> mode.  I'll hit ESC again.  What I notice in tmux is that if I do this and
> then use up arrow to navigate I enter into edit mode and then remove lines
> when I hit the up arrow again.  Maybe no solution to than other than to
> just be careful?

Or use 'h', 'j', 'k', and 'l' for navigation (which is what I typically do
and why I don't think I've run into this before, even though I do see
wonkiness with lines getting deleted when using the arrow keys after
hitting ESC).  Caution is likely the best path forward.  Also,
http://superuser.com/questions/237751/messed-up-keys-in-vim-when-running-inside-tmux
might be helpful.  I'm going to try futzing around with my $TERM and see if
I can get some better behavior in there.

--
Dylan Northrup
"Adversity is just change we haven't adapted ourselves to yet."