[ale] NTP/Chrony time zone persistence

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Tue Sep 13 23:35:01 EDT 2016

    NTP and Chrony are not going to do anything with your timezone...
They merely make sure that your clock is accurate and in sync with the
time source. The /etc/localtime on Debian systems points to the proper
zone info that sets your timezone setting system wide. It's configured
via the tzselect command. CentOS is going to have a similar means of
configuring your systems timezone. This is what will make your timezone
persist between reboots.

    Personally I keep all my servers in UTC and only laptop/desktop
computers are set to an actual local timezone.