[ale] NTP/Chrony time zone persistence

Edward O. Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Tue Sep 13 15:31:14 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I have a Samba server in an AD environment, so time sync with the DC is
important for autentication. I have this working fine on many physical
servers, but recently added a virtual CentOS 7 box on ESXi6, and cannot get
it to stick.

First I used NTP, which works immediately when run, but has no persistence
through reboots. Then I read that CentOS7 uses chrony, so I changed, but
still, after reboot, the client machine is reset to UTC, which it gets from
the ESXi host, as it should.

I tried setting the ESXi host to point to the local DC for time, but that
made no difference to the time zone.

Any ideas on how to force time zone persistence? Other than a cron job?

ed

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not