[ale] questions

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Fri Oct 28 12:22:40 EDT 2016

Well, they'd already switched to DNF in Fedora when Seth Vidal died. Here's an article about the switch from July 2:

https://www.linux.com/learn/what-you-need-know-about-fedoras-switch-yum-dnf

And the article you linked to says he was killed July 7. The above link goes into the reasons for the change. I'd rather they keep the name yum and just make it a major version release, but maybe there are enough differences that's not desirable.

Scott