[ale] Bash vs Perl

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Oct 21 18:31:14 EDT 2016

Not a rant or question, just a thought.

I've been working on "Jenga Linux" and since I do not have many perl modules until later in the build of LFS 7.10 I'm sticking to bash as much as possible. GNU STOW is an exception, but it uses perl in /tools from chapter 5 until it can be installed in chapter 6. Beyond that , the only perl module in chapter 5 is XML::Parser. I could install all modules needed in /tools and use them in chapter 6, but I'm forcing myself to expand my bash experience by using what most other disti creators use.

It would nice to find a book titled: "Bash for Perl Programmers". Very simple tasks I do in Perl are a struggle in bash. Stack Exchange is not short on answers.

Chris