[ale] Xen Server adding a virtual disk to a VM

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Tue Oct 18 16:35:19 EDT 2016

On 10/17/2016 02:49 PM, Scott Plante wrote:
> Thanks guys. This thread has been very informative.

> So those of you on the list who deal with VMs: do you partition your
> virtual disks?

Yes, in LVM logical volumes, for one reason:  the host blkid won't pick
up any of the VMs filesystems.  You can manually run kpartx if you need
to mount a VM fs in your host, but I usually do not want the host to ID
stuff in each VM.  This is especially important if you use LABEL= syntax
in fstab instead of UUID=, and I sometimes do.

Phil