[ale] Xen Server adding a virtual disk to a VM

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Thu Oct 13 16:56:03 EDT 2016

Thanks Allen! That lvmdiskscan is super-handy. I had totally forgotten about that.

I don't have any Windows boxes handy so I haven't been using XenCenter for at least a year. Some stuff I do with the xe command line tool but I also use Xen Orchestra. It's actually pretty easy to run from Docker. I used to use jpoa/xen-orchestra, but it doesn't seem to be working for the latest version. If you want to give it a try, I'm now using this one:

https://hub.docker.com/r/yobasystems/alpine-xen-orchestra/

It does most of the stuff XenCenter does or at least my basic needs, and with no Windows OS needed.

Scott