[ale] Xen Server adding a virtual disk to a VM

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Thu Oct 13 16:32:25 EDT 2016

In addition to Allen Beddingfield's suggestion, if you want to ask the
kernel itself, you can do,

  cat /proc/partitions

... to see all the disks and their partitions, and then,

  dmesg | less

... to show what the kernel logged to the console about the disks listed in
/proc/partitions.  These techniques are helpful when commands are absent or
minimal.  Kernel-provided information changes in structure less frequently
than command-provided information as well.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>