[ale] Life on the Other Side

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:26:31 EDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-10-10 at 13:14 -0400, Neal Rhodes wrote:

> oh heck, while we are having a pillow fight....
>

> > I'm doing a talk later this week about evolution of basic consumer
cameras from 1920 to date.

> > Who was the genius at Apple and Google that collectively decided that
smartphones will NOT HAVE:

> > >     - a tripod bushing to fit a standard tripod and every other
similar device made since.... dirt.  like every other camera I have
ever owned or collected.

>     - a shutter button you can find.
>
> >     - a eyelet for a wrist-strap to avoid dropping the darn thing
over a cliff while groping for the non-existent shutter button.

> > >     - some kind of little ridge for your fingers to help grip the
darn thing, like every other camera I have used in the last 20
years.

+1 for each point.

At least no one has taken pictures of ghosts (https://xkcd.com/1235/)
with a smart(?)phone.

one has to wonder if these morons even spent 30 minutes at a camera store before deciding how to make a smartphone.

regards as always.

Neal