[ale] Tomcat Monitoring

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Tue Oct 4 09:23:01 EDT 2016

Zabbix has pretty good built in web monitoring.  For example, it can alert if the response code is not 200.  I'm using it for a very similar purpose.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer
allen at ua.edu

On 10/4/16, 8:20 AM, "ale-bounces at ale.org on behalf of Chuck Payne" <ale-bounces at ale.org on behalf of terrorpup at gmail.com> wrote:

    Guys,

    I got a couple of Tomcat Apps that when Jenkins does a build the app
    stop responding.

    I can't use tcp port monitor with Nagios, because tomcat is up.

    So is there a way to monitor an app with Nagios, that is the pages
    stop responding. I can get an alert, if I have to write my own jsp
    page to monitor.
    --
    Terror PUP a.k.a
    Chuck "PUP" Payne

    Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
    Studio a try.