[ale] Fwd: This Thursday in Atlanta: let's talk innovation

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:46:22 EST 2016

We should get EFF to speak at ALE. Sadly, that talk is the same night
as an ALE Central meeting.

On Mon, 2016-11-14 at 11:38 -0500, Aaron Ruscetta wrote:
> This just hit my in box.
>
> Not a great time for rush hour heading north, but
> I plan to motorbike out there anyway.  Important
> topics and work, though just a straw in the shit
> storm tornado that is tracking in to rip apart our
> our freedoms and civil liberties and destroy the
> free and open internet in the near future.
>
> in peace,
> aaron

View it in a web browser.
>           Dear Aaron,
>
> > This Thursday, I’ll be speaking in the Atlanta area about patents and
patent trolls. It would be great to see you there.

sell or license patents to trolls, and some specific ways that people
like you can band together in the fight to defend innovation. I’ll
tell you about Reclaim Invention, EFF’s new campaign to change how
universities think about patents.

> > > This discussion is open to anyone. No legal or tech expertise is
required. The hosts are charging one dollar for registration, but if
you can't afford that, they’ll sign you up for free.

> > This event is being hosted by Prototype Prime, a new hackerspace in
Peachtree Corners.

> Thursday, November 17, 5:30 PM
>
> Prototype Prime
> 147 Technology Parkway, Suite 100
> Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
>
> More information
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Elliot Harmon
> Activism Team
> Electronic Frontier Foundation
>
> Support our work to fight patent trolls
>

> > Electronic Frontier Foundation, 815 Eddy Street, San Francisco, CA
94109 USA.
>  EFF appreciates your support and respects your privacy.
>  Unsubscribe from all mail or change your email preferences.

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/