[ale] Crontab on ESXi

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Tue May 31 09:30:23 EDT 2016

Have you verified the cron daemon (crond) is running?

Did you do the edit with crontab -e as the specific user (or crontab -e -u <user> as root for non-root user) or did you direct edit the crontab file for the specific user?   If the latter you have to bounce crond for the change to be recognized.

Did you look at the cron log (/var/log/cron usually) to see if it gave any information?

Did you look at the user's mail to see if cron sent any email?  It usually will if cron jobs are attempted but have non-zero exit.