[ale] External disk recommendation

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri May 20 06:39:15 EDT 2016

The iMac is Mid-2011 running 10.10.5. It may have Firewire but our older
Macs and my hand me downs don't, so USB keeps the connect common.

So much for Seagate! Yikes. Glad I asked. Since the $100 is a ballpark
and not a hard limit, the WD Red 3TB NAS (WD30EFRX) with an external
enclosure with power seems the way to go. Recommendations on enclosures?
Not quite into a full NAS yet, a single would do.

The Rosewill RX-358 U3C looks good; hight ratings and I think it meets
all the criteria. USB, external power, 3.5" SATA, up to a 4 GB drive.
That assumes SATA and eSATA are interchangeable.

I appreciate the assist, by the way! Otherwise I'd probably buy stuff
and find out it doesn't work together.

Leam