[ale] MythTV/similar hardware recommendations

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Mar 30 17:02:56 EDT 2016

The back-ends can run on the same box.  TVHeadend was the most stable at one
point.  I tried to get that working and failed - on two different systems.  The
only way I had **any** success was using NextPVR (windows) as the backend and it
would lock up if I tried to FFwd or pause or change channels or  get new
schedule data or ...  or ... or ... or .... looked at it funny.

If Chuck knows how to make this stuff work, fantastic!  I'd love some help too.