[ale] get a repo on software.opensuse.org in-house

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 09:07:55 EDT 2016

Narahari,

Those are the different packages build by OBS. Once you find a package
you need from software.opensuse.org you can do simple click on and it
should give you a DirectInstall button.  Right now openSUSE Leap 42.1
our current version.  In fact I clicked the link below for another
version got the following from OBS, that site that you found
microchip8 has a "1 Click Install"

openSUSE Tumbleweed
openSUSE Leap 42.1
openSUSE 13.2
openSUSE 13.1
SUSE SLE-12

SUSE SLE-11 SP 4

server:http  ( Official )

1.8.1
32 Bit
64 Bit
Source

1 Click Install
home:catWorkX

1.9.4
64 Bit
Source

Source

1 Click Install
home:microchip8

1.9.12
32 Bit
64 Bit
Source

Those Version buttons will download the rpm to your system where you
can use rpm to install. Or like I do something type when I am on
another system, I right-mouse click and copy link. Then I use yast, to
install. YaST still does install, but don't tell your Sale Engineer,
they want to you use yum, rug, and zypper.

yast -i http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/microchip8/SLE_11_SP4/x86_64/nginx-1.9.12-2.1.x86_64.rpm

Debian 8.0
Debian 7.0
RedHat RHEL-7
RedHat RHEL-6
RedHat RHEL-5
CentOS CentOS-7
CentOS CentOS-6
CentOS CentOS-5
Ubuntu 14.04
Ubuntu 12.04

Do you know how to use zypper? That our package, I believe SLE has
zypper now. Did you try the following?

zypper ref
zypper search nginx
zypper install ngnix.

Here is a ref on openSUSE

https://lamiradadelreplicante.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/zypper-cheatsheet1_01.png

I hope that helps, you are welcome to mail me off list.