[ale] where would you go for linux 8TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 16+ core rack mount?

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Mon Mar 14 09:27:49 EDT 2016

So, if you were looking for a drive-away quote on a rack mount RedHat
server with 8TB of SSD, 32GB of RAM, at least 16 cores, basically a
single purpose box to hold a copy of a 6TB database so we can do
selective extracts and reporting, and the operant word is "a whole lot
faster than a Solaris box reading an EMC drive share" where would you
go?

I've just spend a rather unsatisfying half hour wandering through Dell's
website, only to conclude that although I can find 2TB Samsung SSD
drives for $600, by the time you buy their hot-plug drives you are
staring at more like $2K a pop.

So, we don't care about possible drive failure, 'cause it's a extract
application anyway.

Neal Rhodes
MNOP Ltd