[ale] [OT] Conference recommendations

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Wed Mar 2 00:11:20 EST 2016

I've been going to DevNexus for the past several years. It's been at the Cobb Galleria until this year. It might not be the one for you, since it's more developer oriented, and also they just had this year's event--it was at the Georgia World Congress Center this time. There's a bit of Ruby, but probably not enough if that's your focus. There's a lot of HTML5/JavaScript/Java, with some Scala, Groovy, Clojure, TypeScript, Akka, as well as mobile development. It began very Java focused, but has broadened quite a bit over the years. There is also a DevOps path that might be interesting to some on this list. I went to one session on Docker and I think there were a couple more. It's reasonably priced at $340 early-bird, but maybe not compared to the free Southeast Linux Fest and the less expensive Great Wide Open. I had composed an email about DevNexus for this list back in December, but I guess it never got sent since I don't see it in my sent folder. Sorry about that.

https://devnexus.com

Scott