[ale] OT: HAM gear

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jun 22 17:34:32 EDT 2016

No license is needed to receive. Only if you transmit. You can go down to Ham Radio Outlet today and buy anything you want. You only need a license to TX.

I'll take this opp for a plug on Field Day. This Saturday 2pm-2pm EST. Yep. 24hours. Come see me.

There will be control operators so you can transmit. Want to operate at night then come on. We'll have midnight ice cream and brownies.
We have a trailer with cold air running voice. We'll have morse code. We'll have computers doing digital communications. 8 total stations. All controlled by computers networked and entering data centrally.

Rabbit Hill Park in Gwinnett. It is abit of a drive for most. The county donates use of their large gazebo structure to us for 2 days.

http://www.gars.org/w4gr/