[ale] CentOS 7 install driving me mad

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Jun 5 13:08:29 EDT 2016

Possibly.

I may just try his other suggestion.

Install the 32 bit on a system and then load the i586 rpms. Reboot. If that works then, per his notes, the same root should boot on i586.

That part is easy peasy for me. I'll simply boot up on both systems using SystemRescue CD (as USB). On the real i586 I'll create my partions and format. Rsync over the / of the real i686. Modfiy fstab for the UUID. Modify the grub files and install grub. Reboot and hope it comes up.

The reality is that doing the above is actually easier for me then respin of the install. I just wanted to try it since I've not done a respin of CentOS. I dong Ubuntu respins many times.