[ale] Cable modem and service

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:15:19 EDT 2016

A comedy of errors.

First, while the phone person and the field tech were professional and
courteous, it took a week to get someone out.

Signal line is in the 4 dbmv range. The other signal was a cable from
another provider. They may get a call as budget allows since their
signal was higher.

Stupid Comcast "activate" web page hosed my Chrome settings so that
every page was redirected to the activation page even after things were
working. Had to remove and reinstall Chrome to clear it all.

So, can't say I'm ecstatic about things, but we currently have one
internet line. As budget allows we'll look into options.

I appreciate everyone's insight.

Leam