[ale] OT: Ethernet over power line

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Mon Jul 25 18:59:37 EDT 2016

The first priority is getting the BBQ and smoker so I have something to
measure. ;)  I do have plans for a BBQ and smoker monitor though I would
be purchasing Eurotherm controllers and type K thermocouples and then
have a micro server interrogate them via RS485.  The Eurotherms have
very good PID algorithms so I could leave BBQ and smoker control to them
and just perform queries and updates to setpoints remotely using the
micro server.

Already have the video camera controller.  I use Axis cameras and have
them all scripted.  They all email back to my email server which sends
messages out according to the priority of the message.  All are
accessible via VPN so I can remotely watch them. :)