[ale] OT: Ethernet over power line

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Mon Jul 25 10:46:05 EDT 2016

I've always seen the speed claims on that stuff as mostly a scam.

It _does_ work under limited conditions. The power co uses it all the
time to remote read the power meters. Last I looked, the network signal
still couldn't get past most breakers so connections were limited to
same power circuit.

On Mon, 2016-07-25 at 10:40 -0400, Boris Borisov wrote:
> [...]
center just to test that technology. Devices claim 500 Mbps  tops.
I've managed to get 11 Mbps with both devices plugged in same outlet.
Didn't manage to get these connected located in different rooms which
was the main idea. Going back to store.