[ale] Fedora 24, VirtualBox, and Guest Additions

Sergio Chaves sergio.chaves at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:25:01 EDT 2016

After all the security issues with Linux Mint, I decided to try Fedora
again and I like it a lot - other versions did not like my video card and I
did not feel like compiling drivers for every kernel change.
My problem is that I installed VB 64 bit, installed Winders 8.1 64 bit and
everything works fine except for Guest Additions. It says it installed
correctly but the functions it is supposed to enable are all greyed out.
For instance,  Seamless mode is disabled amongst many other things.
The VB site info seems to be outdated and Google gives answers that are all
over the place.
Does anybody have any clues on what may be happening?