[ale] Cable modem and service

Sergio Chaves sergio.chaves at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:07:37 EDT 2016

I had "the exact " same issue years ago. After a half a dozen techs not
being able to figure it out, a smarter tech brought enough equipment to
measure everything in my house. It turned out that it was poor quality
cable used for it.
The signal strength was optimum arriving at the cable box outside the house
but dropped big time at the room the modern was at.
The tech put a booster for the cable TV AND ran a single cable from outside
straight to my office. The problem was solved then.