[ale] OT: thermal paste

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 12:17:35 EDT 2016

If the heatsink is not quite tightly held to the CPU, try adding some
washers above the heatsink and below the attachment screw springs to
tighten the springs. Or remove the springs, stretch them and reinstall
them.
I've been a steady user of "Artic Silver" for a decade. Now there's a
diamond version that uses diamond dust. Diamond is completely
transparent to infrared wavelengths so it is a nearly perfect heat
conductor.
I guess you could use the old sticky pads from 10-15 years ago if you
can find them.
On Thu, 2016-07-14 at 11:33 -0400, Boris Borisov wrote:
> I have couple cheap ATI HD5450 video card with loose heatsinks. What
> thermal paste will be good. Should have some sticky properties also.
> Heatsink is hold on place with two spring loaded knobs or whatever
> name is. Not that secure.
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain