[ale] OT: micro mini nano PC

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sun Jan 31 23:19:53 EST 2016

Well, here's a link describing Linux Foundation's work in getting a
signature in the first place:

http://blog.hansenpartnership.com/adventures-in-microsoft-uefi-signing/

Even then, it's a pre-loader which then loads unsigned code so it
defeats the Secure Boot process but allows people to install Linux on
machines where Secure Boot can't be disabled at all.

And then there was this bit about Windows 10 removing the requirement to
allow Secure Boot to be disabled (it's now up to the manufacturer
whether to allow the option to disable it).

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/03/windows-10-to-make-the-secure-boot-alt-os-lock-out-a-reality/

And this document from Microsoft which says the Secure Boot database can
not be edited by users (bullet point "How do I edit my PC's Secure Boot
Database?"):

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn938319%28v=vs.85%29.aspx